ONLY A FEW DAYS LEFT TO MAKE OUR FALL PLEDGE GOAL!
WHY DO WE NEED TO MAKE THIS GOAL?
Our Administration, PTA Board and PTA Parent Members meet annually to discuss which programs and events the PTA will fund. Our beginning of the year fundraising goals go immediately to help teachers prepare their classrooms, pay for field trips without asking parents to contribute, and provide programs like PBIS (Owl Stars) for our students.
WHERE DO YOUR DONATIONS GO? Here are just a few of the items the PTA funds through your generous donations:
- Guidance Counseling Services $5,000
- PE Professional and Equipment $23,000
- Field Trips for all grades $15,000
- Academic Enrichments and Assemblies $13,500
- Emergency Supply Maintenance $5,500
- Outdoor Ed Scholarships to ensure no student misses out due to financial hardship $4,000
- Library Refresh $3,000
- STEAM iLab Supplies $5,000
- Instructional Materials and Classroom Supplies $20,000
And this is just a small sample! As prices rise, so does the strain on our fundraising.
WHAT ABOUT OTHER FORMS OF FUNDING - LIKE FROM THE STATE?
While Irvine Unified School District is one of the highest performing school districts in the state and nation, it is one of the lowest funded districts under the state's LCFF ad LCAP. What does that mean? It means Alderwood Elementary and other surrounding schools receive far lower funding than other districts and needs to work that much harder to provide the educational and fun programs we have provided in the past for our children.
WHAT HAPPENS IF WE DON'T MAKE THE GOAL?
Sadly, if we do not raise the funds needed we must make the difficult decision to cut programs, provided services and family events. That is why we appreciate every dollar donated!
PLEASE KNOW - Alderwood PTA is sensitive to the economic strain on all our families. Some of us simply do not have the means to contribute despite how much we care about supporting our students and school. There are other ways to contribute!
- Volunteer at an event or in the classroom
- Help plan events and communicate ideas
- Support our students by attending PTA events and programs where families are invited
- Help find business sponsors who may be interested in donating
- Connect with families and help strengthen our Alderwood community
Alderwood PTA appreciates all of our families and we can't do it without you! Please reach out and attend our meetings to learn about more ways to become more involved and how you can help us provide the best year yet for our children! Thank you so much!!
The Alderwood Fall Pledge consists of 3 parts:
- Fall Pledge Drive: PTA is asking for a contribution of $200 per family, although any amount is gratefully accepted! Your donation directly benefits our school and goes towards funding the following:
- Materials and supplies that support classroom learning
- Assemblies and academic enrichment programs such as Meet the Masters and Imagination Machine, Walk Through programs, Technology Upgrades, and Field Trips
- Staff support to provide PE, guidance counselor and nurse services
- Completing multi-year fundraising goals
- Outdoor Education and more!
- PTA Membership: Every parent is encouraged to support the Alderwood PTA by becoming a member. Your membership provides you with a voice and a vote on all PTA matters. It does not obligate you to volunteer or participate in PTA sponsored activities, although we welcome you to do so! Single membership fee: $20, second family membership fee: $10. By joining you’ll have access to a free student directory!
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation (TASA): To show our gratitude for teachers and staff, the PTA provides school supplies, free spirit shirts, and hosts various catered meals throughout the year! Suggested Donation: $25 per family
With your help, we can reach our school-wide goal of $60,000. See Prize List below for what our students can earn for helping us meet our goal! Thank you in advance for an amazing year!
Casey Wieczorek, 2022-2023 Alderwood PTA President (email@example.com)
Fall Pledge 2022-2023 ALL STARS Prize List
SINGLE - SPORTS STRESS BALL
Register on AlderwoodPTA.com to receive a free Sports Stress Ball!
No donation required!
DOUBLE - POPSICLE PARTY
Every class with 100% Parent registration will receive a popsicle party!
No donation required!
TRIPLE - “ALL STAR” DUGOUT PRIZE ROOM RAFFLE
Donate any amount to the Fall Pledge and you will automatically be entered into the weekly raffle to visit the ALL STAR DUGOUT PRIZE ROOM!
*Raffle deadlines are Sunday Sept. 11, 18 and 25. Five (5) winners per date will be drawn and will be announced the following Monday. Our lucky winners will be invited to visit the prize room on a scheduled date.
HOME RUN - “ALL STAR” PRIZE ROOM
Complete all 3 of the following by 10/2/2022 and your child(ren) will be
invited to visit the “ALL STAR” DUGOUT PRIZE ROOM.
○ Donate $200 to the Fall Pledge
○ Become a PTA Member
○ Donate $25 to Teacher & Staff Appreciation
WORLD SERIES - DJ LUNCH RECESS PARTY
Donate to help reach the school-wide goal of $60,000 and students will earn a DJ Dance Lunch Recess on the grass. Date to be determined.
HALL OF FAME - MOVIE NIGHT AT ALDERWOOD
If school-wide we raise $75,000, families are invited to watch a movie under the stars at Alderwood. Date to be determined.
New to Alderwood? Welcome!
We are excited to welcome back our Alderwood family for the 2022-23 school year. The PTA Executive Board is working hard to navigate the creation of fun and engaging activities and events for our children.
We would like to maintain close communication with you throughout the school year. Most of our communication will be sent or available electronically. Please make sure to share your current contact information so you can stay informed. Click Register/Login link below!
you can use the same log-in here. Need more information?